Today’s post has been something I’ve been super excited to share with you all and trust me… you will thank me for it. Let’s chat eBay; which up until now has been one of my best kept shopping secrets. Now I’m not one to keep secrets from you guys, especially when it comes to scoring a good deal so I can’t wait to share with you all my tips and tricks for shopping on eBay.
I remember my very first eBay purchase of a small, white multi-color Louis Vuitton purse (this exact one here) that I HAD to have thanks to LC and her Laguna Beach days! My affinity for eBay has been going strong for over 10 years now. While my taste in fashion has changed through the years (thank gosh), my obsession of finding a good deal has not.
I have scored so many AUTHENTIC designer dresses (like this self portrait one I just got for an upcoming wedding), handbags, sunglasses, jewelry, and accessories for an amazing price all on eBay. Many items you can purchase with a single click using the ‘buy it now’ option- I like to think this was solely made for impatient people like me who don’t want to wait to bid on an item.
Now I want to share some of my tips to find exactly what you are looking for:
- Detailed product description- The more detailed your search is, the more exact results you will receive. I always try to type in the exact name of the item I am looking for. For example, instead of just “Celine bag” I would type “Celine phantom luggage handbag” to get the exact results I am looking for.
- Use Filters– Once my search is generated I utilize the filters. I prefer the items I buy to be shipped from the US so I always select ‘US only’ for the location. If I prefer not to bid I select the ‘Buy it now’ option (I would say majority of the items I purchase on eBay I have used this option). You can also filter items by color, size, newness, etc.
- Free Returns– I only buy from sellers that accept returns. However, I do want to point out that all eBay items are covered by a money back guarantee.
- Ask Questions– Have a specific question about an item? Ask the seller! I almost always ask the seller questions before purchasing an item. Before buying a designer item (especially handbags) I almost always message the seller with some questions and often asking if they can provide a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Guaranteed Authenticity– I like to shop from the eBay Authenticate section which includes items that have been verified as authentic by expert sellers. It’s not necessary to shop from this section to guarantee authenticity but if you want to take the extra step this is a great resource.
This Celine phantom luggage bag is my most recent eBay purchase and might be one of my best finds to date! I scored this beauty in mint condition for less than half of retail price. The seller also provided proof of purchase, and the original dust bag- y’all this bag still smelled brand new when I received it! I hope my tips were helpful and if you guys have any questions or further detail on anything I touched on I am so happy to help you find exactly what you are looking for and hopefully get a killer deal!
PS- This beauty is next on my eBay wish list…. A girl can dream, right? Better start saving!
** Thank you so much to eBay for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all opinions are my own.**