Last month my girlfriend and fellow blogger bestie Brooke of One Small Blonde, a good friend of mine, and myself took a girls trip to Colorado where we visited Denver, Breckenridge, Vail, and Aspen! It was honestly one of my favorite trips I have ever taken with my girlfriends– lots of wine, food, and laugh-crying took place. Denver was the first stop on our list and we were there for a short stint (48 hours), which in my opinion was not enough! However, I wanted to share with you what we did for our 48 hours in Denver. We barely covered all the bases of everything we wanted to do and see… but that just means we will have to go back! Right?!
Where to Stay
For our stay in Denver we stayed at The ART, a Hotel. Which was in the perfect location for us– everything was just a short Lyft ride away! The hotel is located in the Arts district of Denver and has beautiful art installations everywhere in the hotel. All the hotel staff was amazing and also SUPER knowledgeable about the art within the hotel as well. Probably our favorite part about the hotel was the valet which had 22,000 lights all over the top which felt like Vegas when we were driving up!
Eat + Booze
I meannnn our trip was basically based around eating and drinking. I don’t even want to think about the amount of calories I consumed. Here were some of my favorites from the trip
- STK Denver– Talk about living my best life. We had dinner one night at STK which is a favorite of mine (I have been to their Atlanta and LA location), amazing atmosphere, and even better food + service. This was honestly some of the best service I have had at a restaurant in a really long time. We had plans to go out this night but after this meal we were all in food comas! haha
- Denver Beer Co.- A brewery with a great patio, puppies to pet everywhere and attractive men with beards? Yes please. This was one of my favorite spots to hang out during the day!
- Avanti– I loved this place, I wish we had something like this in Dallas! It was basically like a bar + rooftop upstairs with incredible views of the city and then downstairs almost a “fancy” food hall! So I can booze and simultaneously eat all the things.
- Williams & Graham– This speakeasy bar was one of my favorite spots (no secret password required), the atmosphere was intimate, and the drinks were strong. My kind of place. There was also a really cool dive bar attached to it that we hung out in while waiting for a table that in my opinion was just as fun. Best of both worlds!
- Ratio Beerworks– Another cool brewery we went to! Awesome patio, beer, and atmosphere. I am such a beer girl so I love just about any brewery. Again, attractive men with beards here.
- Rijoa– We accidentally found this spot while wondering one afternoon and had some time to kill. The patio caught our eye so we stayed for a few drinks. This was a good spot for people watching too!
What to Do
Like I mentioned the short time we were there the majority of our trip was based around eating + drinking. I wish we would have had more time to explore! I have always wanted to catch a concert at Red Rocks so I was bummed that was closed! I feel like a trip back to Denver is going to be a must so I have time to experience more of what the city has to offer! I also want to note that when I travel almost 90% of what I do, where I eat, etc. are recommendations from you guys! So I cannot thank you enough- seriously you all never fail me on the best spots. Now… I need to start planing a trip back!
**Thank you so much to The ART, a Hotel for sponsoring our stay! As always all opinions are my own!**