Shop my look:
Is it me or during the holidays when you need to be shopping for everybody else on your list you just end up finding a million things you want for yourself. Ha! I swear… its when I am actively shopping for others that I can’t help but make my own wish list. I do have to say, I am all in favor of self-gifting. You gotta treat yourself some on the holidays as well- you deserve it. There are a few splurge items on my wish list like a designer handbag that I probably wouldn’t purchase on a whim so what better way to #treatyoself during the holidays than with your dream bag, watch, jewelry item, etc.
By now you guys know my love for eBay. I’ve scored some AMAZING deals on brand new or gently used designer items, specifically handbags. Over the past year I have purchased 5 AUTHENTIC designer handbags from eBay and have saved myself thousands of dollars. (My friends seriously tell me I have an eBay addiction and I am not even sorry). Um hello, who doesn’t want their dream bag AND to save money. This gorgeous Valentino Garavani bag was my most recent eBay prize- isn’t she a beaut? I’m obsessed with the turquoise stones. I purchased this bag for 30% off retail brand spankin’ new and received it with the dust bag, authenticity card, and receipt. YASSSS.
In the holiday spirit of #treatyoself I want to share with you guys my tips for finding authentic luxury items (specifically handbags but this can also apply to other luxury items as well) on eBay. I have shared some of my tips before but there are some additional ones included in this post that specifically apply to handbags and luxury goods.
- Detailed product description- The more detailed your search is, the more exact results you will receive. I always try to type in the exact name of the item I am looking for. For example, instead of just “Valentino Handbag” I would type “Black Valentino Garavani Handbag” to get the exact results I am looking for.
- Use Filters– Once my search is generated I utilize the filters. I prefer the items I buy to be shipped from the US so I always select ‘US only’ for the location. If I prefer not to bid I select the ‘Buy it now’ option (I would say majority of the items I purchase on eBay I have used this option). You can also filter items by color, size, newness, etc.
- Free Returns– I only buy from sellers that accept returns. Most highly rated sellers do. However, I do want to point out that all eBay items are covered by a money back guarantee.
- Ask Questions– Have a specific question about an item? Ask the seller! This is a big purchase so you have every right to ask all the questions. It helps the seller out to because they want to ensure you know exactly what you are getting. I almost always ask the seller questions before purchasing an item. Before buying a designer item (especially handbags) I almost always message the seller with some questions and often asking if they can provide a receipt or proof of purchase. I also ask for the authenticity cards and dust bag and box if they are available.
- Seller Rating and Feedback- I always look at the sellers rating and reviews- that really tells you a lot. If they have no sales or no rating- then I will not purchase from that seller. I read their reviews and also look at how long they have been a member on eBay.
- Guaranteed Authenticity– I like to shop from the eBay Authenticate section which includes items that have been verified as authentic by expert sellers. It’s not necessary to shop from this section to guarantee authenticity but if you want to take the extra step this is a great resource. I also want to note after I receive my item I always take it into the store (for example the Valentino store or Neiman Marcus) and have one of the associates verify the authenticity for me. They are always happy to do so. I have never had any issues however, when spending that much money I like to be 100% confident.
I know this might look like a lot but it really is quite easy. Trust me, once you find exactly what you are looking for and see how much money you can save it is SO WORTH IT. Also I do want to say it’s also important to have a little patience- you might not find the exact item you are looking for when you first search but there are thousands of new items listed daily so keep checking.
So there you have it! I have been so excited to write this post because I’ve had a ton of requests for it, plus I am all about helpin’ my girls save that hard earned money! So go ahead and treat yourself this holiday and implement these tips to score your dream item.
Bags I’m loving/dreaming of:
**Thank you so much to eBay for sponsoring todays post. As always, all opinions are my own.*